Monday, October 5, 2009

I Know

I know the awesome power of God.


I know how his comfort and peace can just take hold... and keep holding on.


I know how he can take hold of your plans and change them. Alot. How HIs plans turn out to be so much better. Actually perfect.


I know how he can show his control by giving you just a little present. A song at the right time. A person showing up out of the blue.


I also know how He uses you.... yes you. And you. And you times 500 to bless us to the point of complete humility.


And I even know how He never leaves. Even when you've had it.



The past two years have been a journey. One that brought change and tears and a final commitment to Trust in the Lord.


One day I read Psalms 119:28 " My soul is weary with sorrow, strengthen me according to your word."


That was me. Weary after one year of dealing with a detour so sharp that it left me with mental whiplash.


Today " I run in the path of your commands, for You have set my heart free." Psalms 119:32


As we near Jacob's surgery I know walking in God's love means walking in obedience. That obedience means trusting him. Even when things get scary.


To our church family, your prayers Sunday morning left us feeling so loved and peaceful. Thank you to all three moms who walked up and said, "A child's heart surgery. I've been there."


To our hometown, your support blew us away.


To family and friends... well you're just stuck with us. (and I hope that makes you happy.. because we're happy to have you.)


Through my son... I now know so much of my heavenly Father.


Thank you, Jacob.








8 comments:

Robin said...

Jenny- Since Allen ran into you at the Kroger gas pump last week and you shared with him the news about Jake's upcoming surgery, you have been on my mind. We have Jake's card on our fridge and have been praying for him daily. This morning is the first time I have checked out your blog. Your testimony of "trusting Him" is amazing and is truly what he wants each of his children to do. I know many of the feelings you expressed and have also learned very similar lessons through Evan. Keep your eyes looking towards the heavens- that is where your strength comes from. Lamentations 3:22-23 says, "because of His great love, we are not consumed. His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfullness"
Dear Lord, continue to guard Dave and Jen's minds and hearts. May what lies ahead not consume them. May your great love, your peace, your perfect faithfulness be all that consumes them. In the name of Jesus, amen.
sincerely, Robin and Allen Spy

Tes said...

Jenny just wanted you to know we recieved our tshirts and will continue to pray for Jake. Please know we are here for you and your family no matter how many miles are between us. HE holds you in his arms, always.

Rebecca said...

We're cheering for you all back in Nashville!

Our Family said...

Just checking in on you guys. Hope the trip up was okay. Saying a prayer for you tomorrow. Hope Jake hangs in there for all the tests and stays focused on Mickey. We send our love and thank you for being a wonderful example of how to trust in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

jenny,
i received my shirt & will be PROUDLY wearing it tomorrow! (although i think my girls are upset i didn't get them one). we will be covering you & little jake with our prayers - it's how we'll start our day of school, in fact! THANK YOU for exposing your journey - for teaching us (your readers) about trusting in a God that CAN be trusted - in challenging us to love our children unselfishly - and of reminding us that our focus is to be on HIM, the one who begins & ends our faith! glance at your precious boy tomorrow, but GAZE on his Creator!!!! praying in Montgomery,
the bostics

Noel said...

Thinking of you and praying for your family. Our daughter had surgery 3 years ago to repair her SVAS and I remember how tough those last moments were before the surgery started. You will get through this together.

Wife of the Pres. said...

Just thinking about you. Yes, I know where you are at except I didn't have 2 years to think up to this point. Only had a few months. In a big way, that was a blessing.

I hope it was OK that I passed your blog onto a friend of mine. She said I could share her blog with you.
http://kenward.blogspot.com/

She is in Michigan and her daughter had OHS at Mott's a little over a year ago. Thought seeing little Josie might brighten your "night before surgery" night.

I'll probably be up in the night with you. ;) And when I am, I'll know exactly who to lift up to the Father.

Anonymous said...

Jenny and everyone,

I just wanted you to know that in Rhea County the clouds have just gone away and the sun is out! I believe God is telling us not to worry! I love you all!

Miss Emmaly