Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jacob!!

Today my Jacob is 2!!! Happy Birthday To You... Happy Birthday to You!!

We are thrilled to celebrate this day. It's been an crazy couple of years but I look back and see how many smiles Jake has brought to our family. I see how much joy there is in just the small things with him around. I look forward with so much hope in what God has for him.

Jake's grandparents and close family members came over yesterday for a little party. Since we're just a couple of weeks out from heart surgery I didn't want to over do it.

So here's the official Jacob 2nd birthday party post. Let's party through the pictures.

First, there's the two adorable cakes my mom made.



Then, there was food and presents. Jake was so tired that we kinda rushed through everything to get him down for his nap.





Here's part of the party group. It was like a Michigan reunion.

And look, who's that?? Oh wait, it's the proud parents posing with the birthday boy!
Jacob, your mom and dad love you so much! Just the way you are!

"This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob! Love the pictures, especially the one with Jake lounging in his new chair. I am so thankful that he is doing so well. Wish I could have been there to help celebrate, but that just wasn't possible. Instead I said many prayers for you Jacob, and for your mom & dad. You have the best parents who love you so much, as does the rest of the family. Continued good health to you, and enjoy every day!

Love,
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh when we walked in the door and Jake was so happy, just laughing and clapping and going in circles.
That scene has stayed with me all week.
To think this little boy was so far from that just a short while ago. Who says there is no God????
Our Lord works miracles!!!!!!!!
Mammie