Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Back Among the Living

Sorry everyone.
I am just now coming out of my hospital experience fog. I didn't realize how exhausted I was until my mom made me sleep. During the day. Hours at a time. Seriously I have been in love with my bed for five days. Today I woke and thought... hmmm... maybe I should make my bed today.
My parents are staying with us this week. They are simply the best. Let's just say I'm well loved.
As for Jake, take a look, he's doing great.
That's a pillow he's holding. One he got while in the hospital. It's homemade and priceless.

The whole stitch episode threw us for a loop but my trooper hasn't skipped a beat. The incision looks fine, it's not sore and doesn't bother him so ... there ya go. We'll just keep watching it.
He goes to his heart doctor here on Friday for a two week post op. Please pray all goes well.
Also... send your prayers up for another couple we know. I'm not posting their name because I haven't asked their permission. God knows who they are. Their little girl is having heart surgery on Friday. She's just a tiny sweet little thing.
That's it for the White House. We are getting ready for a big weekend. JAKE TURNS TWO!!

5 comments:

megan said...

Thanks for the update ma'am. Finally. See ya Friday.

Tes said...

What a wonderful gift for his birthday! Hope the appt goes well and we will be saying a prayer for his little girl friend.

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all is well at the White House. What a wonderful Mom and Dad you have to make sure you got rested after the big event. Jake looks so happy and healthy.

Our prayers continue for Jacob, the little gal and most of all a good report from the doctor appointment.

God bless......

Ashleigh said...

Happy Birthday Jake! He looks wonderful! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Jen, I'm glad your back.
And I'll say a prayer for your friend's little girl.
I've found myself praying alot more these days.
See you tomorrow.
Love Ya
Mammie