Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Can't Sleep


It's almost one in the morning and I just can't sleep. Jake is doing well but not soaring through recovery as I wished.
He's breathing on his own but not coughing like they'd like so his lungs sound kinda yucky.
Right now he is on breathing treatments and the latest blood gas came back better. Whew!!
Just pray that all that yuckiness goes away.
Dave and I have kinda been through this song and dance when he was in the NICU. There's good and bad along the way. I'm just not resting easy yet.
On a sad note... please pray for Autumn's family. I met them here in the hallway. Autumn is now with Jesus . We had a prayer and a hug. Her grandmother told me she was at peace because Autumn was saved.
It's just so sad. My heart breaks for them so please just lift them up.

8 comments:

Belinda said...

Jenny,
I will keep praying for him and your family each day until things are looking 100% better! Just keep putting everything in God's hands and everything will work out great! I am sorry to hear about the other family you spoke about and I will keep her family in my prayers as well!

Love,
Belinda Freeland Tucker

Melissa said...

Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the LORD has been good to you.
Psalm 116:6-8

Also there is another verse I can't find right off hand that I claimed when Katie was a baby ... the Lord gives rest to those He loves ....

Rest, my sweet child, in Jesus.

O:)
Melissa

Musings from Kim K. said...

Prayers continuing from West Michigan...

Amanda Wilkey said...

Jenny,
We will be praying for him and for all the family. Just keep looking up and God will take care of Jake and the family. I am glad to hear that he did well and I will be in prayer for you all. Remember we are here for you if you need anything.

Love,
Amanda Wilkey

Tes said...

prayers continue to flow from our home to your (temporary)one! PLEASE get some rest I know it is almost impossible but you have to give your body and mind some regeneration my friend. I am blogging about how Jake affected many lives yesterday and not just in Michigan.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I hope things have improved with Jake. We will continue our prayers for as long as we have to. Please try to rest when you can.....Jake needs his Mama to be rested and in good spirits. Thank you for the updates, we look forward to reading the latest happenings.

Our thoughts and prayers are also with little Autumn's family at this sad time for them. Jesus wanted her to come back to Heaven to be with Him. Such a big loss for her loving family.

Love yas, Susan

Noel said...

I will be praying for your family. Sending prayers for a quick recovery. Also thinking about and praying for Autumn's family.

Anonymous said...

Continuing to pray! I hope that he has already improved! I, too, will lift Autumn's family in prayer.

mel