Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Update

Just take a look at my boy today! I mean you can't even tell he had surgery.



We are in a regular room now. It's the smallest space you've ever seen.

We're squeezing about 6 people in a 5 foot space. Showers are very important.
Everyone is telling us to expect to be dismissed tomorrow. Jake will have another chest xray, ekg and echocardiogram Monday before we get the all clear. Pray everything goes well.
So if we get out tomorrow we're planning on just taking a day off before starting our travel home.
This has been a crazy journey. One I'm thankful God allowed me to take.
I'm a little sad because everyone is leaving. The frontlines of Team Jake are going back to their homes. My sister is leaving in just a little bit and I'm dreading it.
Dave has been the absolute best...what a guy...he is the ultimate man and mate. (by the way DAve wrote that while I was on the phone and obviously it's true)

Just so you know I'm still a huge UT fan but I'll be a fan of the Michigan Wolverines (Coyotes as I like to bug David) for the rest of my life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear the good news. Jacob is on the road to recovery and going home to TN. Amen, thank you God. He is looking good and healthy again. Some home cookin' and Tennessee fresh air is what will put the roses back in those cute little cheeks. And his mama is looking real pretty again too. Thank you Jen and Dave for including us all on this journey with your little guy.....you updated us so beautifully.

God love you all. We will continue our prayers in the days ahead.

Much love.....have a safe trip home. Susan

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen! I've been praying today, and I was hoping that it had been a good day! Can't wait until you guys are back in TN!

mel

Ashley said...

Praising!!!!

I hope all goes well tomorrow and you will be home soon.

Ashlee said...

So glad things are going so well and that you will be able to make the trip home this week! Will continue to pray for Jake and for safe travels!

Ashlee Baker

Our Family said...

Hooray!! What great news that you may get to come home. Hoping that as I type this they are giving you guys the green light to pack up. Praying for good news and a safe trip!
love the lankfords

Love=Giver of Eternal LIfe by Ricky Lee Johnson said...

Great news!!! Nice to see all the smiles ~ GOD IS GOOD ~

Save travels home to everyone...

Love to all-
Debi

Unknown said...

Praise God for His faithfulness! Jakey looks great! And so do Mom and Dad. :-) Praying you get to come home today or tomorrow. Let us know if you need anything once you get back and get settled. Love you guys!

Ashleigh said...

Whoo-hoo! Home sounds wonderful! I am so thankful to the Lord for His marvelous work in Jake's life and yours as well! Have a wonderful trip home! Love you all!

Noel said...

Thank God that everything has gone good. Sending continued prayers!