Saturday, October 10, 2009

Saturday Update

I'm sitting in the floor typing this with one hand. Jake got to get down on a mat in the floor and play a little this morning. He is still connected to his central line so he couldn't go very far. He happened to get sleepy while on the mat so here I happily sit (numb bum and all).




My little man had a good night. He slept for about four or five hours and yes, we got that great rumble from down under we were praying for.
Today he is suppose to move out of intensive care and get the I-V out of his neck. Do you know how hard it is to keep a swirmy 23 month old from pulling out his neck I-V? Don't try it if you don't have too.
He's looking and acting more like himself and that makes us all happy.



<

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear Jake is doing better and you guys hopefully got some sleep. I'm sure holding him was the best medicine for you both. I can't even imagine how hard it must have been to not be able to hold him for so long during this time. It is such a wonderful sign that is getting to move out of ICU. Sounds like full recovery is on its way. We will keep praying for a quick recovery without any roadblocks. Sounds like the poop situation is better, thank goodness, that can be tough. Love you guy and give Jake a kiss for me.
Amanda C.

Anonymous said...

So glad things are better this morning. The pictures are awesome, and I am sure that holding him felt soooooo good! Well, we're off to the RA campout, but I was hoping to see a good update before we left! So glad to read it.
still praying....
mel

Our Family said...

Sounds like great news! The pics make me smile and so good to see him playing. I can't imagine how tricky it is too keep him from pulling everything out. Yuck! Maybe that will be gone soon. Hope everyone is feeling better after some sleep and good luck tonight!
love the lankfords

Love=Giver of Eternal LIfe by Ricky Lee Johnson said...

Well one thing for sure...he's knows he's loved! By everyone! Hello Grandma and Aunt Betty!

KellyRose said...

We are SO happy that things seem to be going well for you all and little Jakey. Lots of prayers have been said for you all here in the Harrell home, and we will continue to lift you up! Thank you so much for keeping us updated. I check everyday to see how all of you are doing. We can't wait to see that sweet smiling face when you get home!