Friday, October 9, 2009

Friday Night Update


Jake is SLEEPING!! Woo-hoo!! Soon I will be SLEEPING!! Yipee!!

My little boy has been quite uncomfortable today. Part of his pain we believe is that he's constipated. So like we did back in the NICU we are once again asking you to pray for poop.

The recovery is now getting to a difficult part. Jake feels a little more like moving around but still has a central line in his neck and other wires to and fro so he's getting tangled.

The really good news is that I got to hold my sweet baby today ..and hold him and hold him and hold him. Really.. I held him for about six hours today because that's how he was most confortable.

He is still requiring some oxygen. His saturation rate tends to fall off and on so we watch that constantly. Just pray for it to steady out soon.

All in all the day turned out to be good. I was so scared for him this morning when he got a fever. Tonight the fever is gone. Lord you are just too good!!

Here's wishing you and me happy dreams.

6 comments:

Aaron Johnson said...

Sleep well, my friend. Praying for you and Dave to get lots of good rest tonight so you can continue onward tomorrow. Praying for Jake right now, that he will sleep soundly and be more comfortable through the night! Love you guys!

Pamela

Anonymous said...

Jenny,

Just wanted you to know that so many of your NC5 family is watching and praying with you.

I ready a quote once that said "having children is to forever have your heart running around outside your body" this saying keeps coming into my head when I think of you and Jake. That's true for all of us mothers but I think it's even more true for you.

I hope you and Dave got a lot of sleep.

Lots of love and prayers going your way.

Tammie D.

PS some of us here didn't know about the tees you were selling and would be more than happy to buy one if you are still selling them after you get back.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I hope your night was filled with the much needed sleep that you both deserve and that today bring lots of poopy!! Hugs!!

Love=Giver of Eternal LIfe by Ricky Lee Johnson said...

You've got it... Poop Prayer Patrol!

Hope you rested well...

Love to all-
Debi

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy......no wonder he is pulling and tugging at the wires....he's got a JOB that needs to get done. That JOB can make a little guy uncomfortable. Here's hoping he gets some results today. So glad that you got to hold and love on him yesterday. That was probably the medicine he needed and you were wanting, Jen.

Thanks again for the update. Hope you all have a nice quiet weekend so you all can get some rest.

Love yas, Susan

Anonymous said...

David passed the word to us this a.m. Your prayers were answered. Ta Da ! Jake did poop!
Mammie