Friday, October 16, 2009

You Gotta Be Kidding Me!!!!!!!

We spent Thursday night at the Vanderbilt Children's ER. Jake's heart is fine but we had a little issue getting his chest tube stitch out.

It's just one stitch. One little stitch a little above his belly button. We took him to the pediatrician for her to cut it but when she did, she didn't get the knot and that little booger slipped out of sight.
Let me say this. She felt horrible about it and it was a little deep plus add it was a moving target with Jakey crying and his belly moving up and down. It just happened.

The Doc sent us the ER and after a 3-4 hour stay they decided it was best to leave it in and see what happens.

I know... can you believe it? Heart surgery goes fine and we can't get a stitch out? So I was a whole lot frustrated last night. I wanted to move to Michigan. ( on top of it all I had a migraine) We did call the doctors in Michigan and they agreed to leave it in and see what happens.

So this morning I have a little better attitude. God's has got it like always. So I might as well chill.

Jake is fine with it. It doesn't hurt or bother him so... there ya go.

Once again I'm asking you to pray that it doesn't get infected and the little stitch makes it way out. Oh my... can you believe this? A stitch!! You Gotta Be Kidding Me!!!


5 comments:

Noel said...

Abi still has one stuck in from her surgery 3 yrs ago. You can see it but it never got infected and has never come out on it's own!
Hoping it is a non-issue for Jake too!

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I am so glad I didn't try to get that thing out. I would have been mortified if I had done that. I'm sure everything will be fine. God has gotten Jake and you guys this far, he's not about to let this little thing hurt Jake. So sorry for your troubles. See you soon.
Amanda C

Anonymous said...

The knot remaining in Jacob's body may be nothing to worry about. But, I think it is totally inexcusable on the part of the pediatrician that it is still in him. No one should have to pay money for that mess up. Whether he was thrashing, crying, kicking, rolling on the floor, hanging from the ceiling or whatever he chose to do.....he is a child and she supposedly deals with children all the time and should have been prepared. Only my opinion and I am someone who wonders why the medical world has become so careless with so many things.

Am so sorry that you have to deal with one more thing to worry about your precious little darling. You have had enough and it is time you have some peace of mind already. Bless you dear Jenny. I think about you often.

Prayers to you all.

Love yas, Susan

Anonymous said...

Simply amazing! But sometimes....just how it works! I pray that it will be a nonissue!!

mel

Susan said...

Been a while since we have seen any updates about Jakes recovery. Hope all is fine in the White House. Just to let you know that we are thinking and praying for your little darling.

Susan