Saturday, June 6, 2009

What's happening here...

Something is going on in the White House. We are acting a little strange. Not strange so much as stupid.
Let me prove my case to you.

I give you example numero uno:

In the picture, the bag-on-the-head looks like a game. But in reality...it only became a game after I caught Dave watching TV with the bag on his head. Yep... just sitting there... with a bag on his head??? I say that makes perfect sense don't you.

Example # 2: I. Fried. Myself. Today. Now you can ask my family... I am the sunscreen diva.
But, today my common sense took a vacation. I went up to the pool while Jake and Dave napped. I thought..ahh... just relax. Read. Chill. Burn? I didn't put on sunscreen. Didn't think I'd be there long. An hour and 15 minutes later... I am purple.

And finally... Example #3:

I moved Jake's diaper pail out of his room yesterday because I felt his room always had a slight stink smell.
So here is Dave's thoughts :

Dave: "Man, Jake's room smells a lot better without that diaper pail."

Jen: "Yeah, I gotta find a new place for it."

Dave: "What's it suppose to do? Cut down on the smell?"

Jen: "That's the idea of a diaper pail honey."

Dave: (brief pause) Well, do you think it's broken? Maybe it's had too much poop in it. Maybe it can only take so smell."


Folk, there you have it.

Now, I'm gonna go spray more dermoplast on my skin and have sweet dreams of an aloe plant.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Paper bags on your head. to diaper pail smells. Oh the life of a young couple with a small child!!!!
You two just crack me up. THANKS. I needed that.
Love you much
Mammie

Anonymous said...

Jen you know we all think we look our best with a little color.
We love to lay out in the sun,(which I use to love to do). Now that I am older and wiser (I hope)
I know better. I see these young women with "The Year Around Tan"
Take note girls, this is not a good thing. It will leave you marked for life and may even threaten your health. Please let's make "Pale Is COOL" So what if we don't have tanned legs and arms.
Let's look at healthy skin and make that the "IN" thing.
Take care and wear that sun screen!!!!!
Your Mammie spouting off!!

Anonymous said...

Jen, it's nice to again realize some things never change and we all have 'those days' that later we think back on and they still make us smile....such as the LARGE sign over your bed in college with eight inch letters that simply said "THINK!"...it still makes me SMILE when I think of it!!! Love you all and give that baby a hug and kiss from me.
love, mom