Tuesday, June 2, 2009

I'm in Luv...

Yep. Tonight I'm totally content. Everything is right with the world...all because we went for a walk. Our little family takes a walk almost every night. It's a chance to just talk, de-stress and spend time together.
Tonight on our walk I realized something.
I'm in Luv with our neighborhood. We're small...but mighty!

I love the guy across the street who fixed our air conditioner for free. Tonight he came over just to make sure everything's ok.

I love the lady who watches Dog Whisperer religiously. She walks her dog for hours everyday. Everyday. Even Christmas. Tonight she stopped to warn us about some dogs who like to bite. I love her for that.

I love standing in the yard talking to a dear friend up the street. We talk about her pregnancy. How great a mom she's gonna be and how our dogs are in love with each other.

I love how while talking to her, another friend walks up and we just stand there and talk some more.

I love that guy who looks just like Ryan Seacrest, who runs every night.

I love how my workout buddy pulled over in her car to talk and Ryan Seacrest ran by and Dave got on to us.

To sum it up... I love living around some great people who I get to call neighbors.
I love that our little half hour walk took two hours. Yep, two hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, That made me feel good.
When we visit I like sitting on your back deck.
I like to just sit there and listen to the quiet. It always amazes me how late people go to work in the world outside of La-Z-Boy. I've sat there and heard no one,then a few cars, then the school buses. And then folks going to work. This is so different from where we live. Ask Dave. Not a bad thing just different. I like it and I like your neighborhood.
Mammie