Friday, May 30, 2008

Heart Update

I just got back from a visit to Jacob's Cardiologist.
All in all...not a bad visit.
Here's what we found out:
1) The hole in his heart is gone. (praise the Lord)

2) The pulmonary stenosis he's had since birth is normal. (YEAH!!!)

3) The aortic stenosis hasn't changed in a month. (Yipee)

Here's the bad news:
    If and when they have to do surgery just going in with a balloon is out. (BOOO!!!) THey will actually have to open up his chest because where his aortic valve is narrow is actually outside the heart and the doctor says a balloon just won't work. 

 Now this scares me to death.... but Dave and I are praying Philippians 4:6-7....Do not be anxious about anything.. but in everything by prayer and petition, with Thanksgiving... present your request to God. And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will guard you heart and mind in Christ Jesus.

4 comments:

melody said...

i am so glad that megan gave me your blog address. i love being able to log on and keep up with you guys! you guys are in our prayers and it is nice to be able to pray for specifics (the good and the bad)!

jake is a doll!!!------the snake, not so much!!!

suzanne said...

Jen,
It was great to see you all at the "picnic-party." Jake is a very loved little boy and a very blessed little boy with such awesome parents! I look forward to any news you have to share from the White House. Love you guys!
Suzanne

Ashley said...

Jen and Dave!
So happy for the praises!
Sharing some verses:
"Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself"
Matthew6:34

"We say with confidence, The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid." Hebrew 13:6

Ashley

Unknown said...

It's scary to think about opening up the chest and we can pray it isne't necessary for a looooong time. But (from personal experience) it's a pretty common operation. With the exception of the hole, I lived with a similar condition for most of my life. I was 64 when they finally felt it necessary to open me up and replace the aortic valve (did a triple bypass at the same time). So keep a good thought. We'll be praying for Jake.
Dovid