Saturday, May 10, 2008

Just What We Needed

The three of us are home in good ole Rhea County for a while.

It's just what we needed.

Dave and I are still working on getting some raw emotions under control. The tears don't come as often...but they still come. I'm sure it will take a while.

We got here Friday and in just 24 hours we have been loved on...hugged and encouraged constantly by our mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, uncles, cousins and grandmothers.

It has felt so good knowing that we are not alone in this. Our family is rallying behind us and they just beam love for our little boy.

We want everyone to know.. that we don't mind talking about Williams Syndrome.

Feel free to ask questions if you see us.

Ya know.. as I sit here on my first Mother's Day eve...it's nothing like I expected.

But I feel God's peace in my heart and I know this is all part of his good, pleasing and perfect will for my life....not just as a daughter and a wife... but this year as mother.

7 comments:

Susan said...

Jen, Testing to make sure I got the Google account correct. Susan

Susan said...

Jen, I see that I got the Google account directions correct as I can read the message I sent to you. It took a few minutes for it to accept my password but finally, it worked.

I will check in often to read your latest updated info about Jake. I am praying that he will surprise everyone and outgrow the WS. Please know that you are all in our thoughts.

Love, Susan

Amanda Pilkinton said...

Jenny and David-
Jesse and I just wanted to tell you how proud it makes us to call you guys friends. Your outlook is amazing, a true testimony of your love for the Lord that we should all strive to have. Your baby boy is precious and what a gift it is to be a mother and a father. Happy Mother's Day, Jenny!!!

Love,
Jesse and Amanda Pilkinton

ethcar said...

Jenny and David, Your strength is amazing. I don't know that much about Williams Syndrome but I plan to learn. You two are amazing parents and I believe wholeheartedly that God gave you this beautiful baby boy to love and nurture because you are the perfect couple for the job. He is so cute in the video jumping around and so full of life. Enjoy every minute of him. If you ever need anything or just to talk, I am always here. Happy Belated Mothers Day! Call me sometime.
We love you, Amanda C.

Sonja said...

Hey Dave and Jenny- It is always an encouragement to see people perservering when faced with a trial. I am in awe of the strength that God has given the two of you and I know that He will continue to be your rock and your provision as you forge ahead. Always know that Williams Syndrome may have been a surprise to you guys.......but it wasn't a surprise at all to God. He had Jacob's life planned out before he was even in your womb and it will manifest itself to His glory. Keep your heads up and know that behind you stands a whole lot of folks that love you and your baby and will be praying and encouraging you!!

Sonja and Bobby

Aunt Mary said...

David & Jenny,

I am so glad that you started this blog to share Jake's story with everyone. He is such a beautiful child, and I can't wait to hold him and give him lots of love. I really believe that God chooses special couples for His special babies, and God didn't make a mistake on this one. Jake is such a blessing to the family, and I am so thrilled that he is related to me. See you in two weeks.

Love,
Aunt Mary

mammy said...

Your right, we all needed this time together. I watched your brother-in-law Jason twice this week loving on his nephew. He doesn't care Jacob has WS. This is his nephew and he is an Uncle. I see our family growing and loving each other more and more. Next week when Adam and Mary Lauren can be here with us we will be complete.
Jacob will be just fine. He has so much love around him from his family and the Good Lord, how can he be anything else!
Love
Your Mammy