Monday, May 19, 2008

Strawberries and Birthdays

We're back home...after 10 days in Rhea County. Its feel good to be back... but there's lots to do.
While we were gone Jacob's doctors call to check on us so I spent most of the morning getting updates and asking questions.
 There's not a whole lot new on the medical front... only that a representative from the
 Tennessee Early Invention Services will be dropping by soon to check on our little boy.
  Jake is recovering from a big weekend.
 Saturday was the yearly Strawberry Parade in the big town of Dayton. It's the biggest event all year...and I'm usually there. Jake did great with the loud noises and the heat.

If you've never been to Dayton ( and I'm guessing not many of you have) it has a beautiful courthouse square. To me it's the prettiest on the state.
 
The parade marches right in front of the courthouse. It includes your normal parade stuff.. shriners, ball teams, bands...and in Dayton a septic tank truck that bears this message.

Sunday was my BIRTHDAY!!! I LOVE my birthday even though I'm getting old.
I'm now officially...thirty one-derful!! 
The morning started off with a special delivery from my guys.

 My sister got my this card... dosen't it make you laugh.



Those of you that know me...know I LOVE the TODAY SHOW... Meg got online and ordered me their eco-friendly bags I'd seen Matt giving out.  One day I'm gonna get up there and be one of those screaming  fans waving a silly sign probably with a big orange T on it.

It was a good day and a good visit. Now back to my thirty one-derful life!






3 comments:

ethcar said...

Happy Belated Birthday Jenny
Jacob is so cute. He looked like he was having fun at the parade. I do plan on calling you soon. Life has gotten so busy lately. We have to get our little guys together soon. I love your blog
Amanda C.

Our Family said...

Hey Jenny!
I love the blog and am so glad that I found it! Here at the Lankford casa we are trying the blog thing as well, so come check us out some time. You are on my mind and heart. What a sweet little guy you have, and I am so glad that my little Colby will grow up with him. I know he will have such an amazing impact on all of our families! How cool is that. Hope to see you guys back at church soon!
Love Tiffany

Cherilyn said...

That reminds me of the awesomeness of the R.C. Cola & Moon Pie Festival. But, that "Your #2 is our #1" is the funniest thing I've seen in a while. I will be sharing tales of that in weeks to come.

I'm glad to know about the blog, and I look forward to following your journey!