Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Smoky Mountain Rain..".

 " Keeps on fall'n... keeps on call'n her name."
  
 Sing along if you like. Good ol'Ronnie Milsap.  I think you should know that I actually have that song on my iPod. I don't know why.

 We visited the Smoky Mountains again over the labor day weekend. The third time in about six months. What can I say.. it makes us happy.

 Dave fishes.. I relax...hike... picnic.. and shop. 

I mean how can you not love a place when you wake up to this. 
My parents and sis met us at the cabin this past weekend.
Saturday the guys spent hours on the hunt for trout while the gals (plus Jake) read on the back porch and eventually met up for a picnic.


See those Swiss Cake rolls in the background?  I'd like to tell you I didn't have a one. But then that would be a lie. Yes... they are a weakness.

Afterwards there was this "great idea" to hike Clingmans Dome.. like we used to in the good ol'days. Let's just say... I was alot younger last time I made the hike. It's only a half mile but it's a pretty good incline... and I had Jake on my back.
To make matters worse I had on flipflops and they started slipping so I ended up taking them off.   Shoes... who needs them!



So we had a great time... spent Sunday shopping and got back Monday night.
Since then, Jake has come down with a virus. We went to the doctor today and right now he's sleeping. Oh..my friends...the nights have not be kind this week.  Here's hoping for a peaceful night. 


2 comments:

Ashley said...

Did someone say SWISS CAKE ROLL???

One of our kids favorite "vacations" was to the Smokies!

Anonymous said...

Jen I WANT a print of that picture of you and Jake PLEASE!!!
Love It
Mammy