Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Caffeine High

I need to go to bed. But I can't. Those three diet cokes that got me through the day are also getting me through the night.
I am not a caffeine person. Well, I wasn't a caffeine person until Jake got here. 

So, I've been sitting here ignoring my dryer that keeps fluffing my clothes for over an hour.
I've browsed ebay, tons of blogs, and the today show sight. 

While I'm waiting for the caffeine to wear off... I thought I'd  update you on Jakey.

Today we went to the pediatric dentist. Jake has one tooth that just won't come in. His poor gum has been purple, swollen and almost bloody looking for 6 weeks. Thankfully the dentist said it's all OK. But.. he did find something else. Jake's tongue-tied. 

I decided today to deal with that tomorrow.

Second.. after the dentist we went to therapy. His Physical therapist says Jake will be crawling by next month. That thrills my soul. Crawling by 11 months. That's not far behind at all.

As you all know that.. it's a huge answer to prayer. Lord, thank you so much for giving me such an amazing little boy.  I know YOU are soo much bigger then Williams Syndrome. 

 Here's the thing that Dave and I are at peace with. We know God's will is perfect. Jacob is God's will for us. Isn't that just lovely. How can you not smile?

Last night Jake was fixed on only one thing... 

 
 He wanted his daddy's PS3 remote so bad. One day soon I'll have to say "David, share with your son".

So that was our day. I even got in some mowing during a nap.(Don't worry mom I had my earbuds plugged into the monitor) I'm a dork and I don't mind yard work. Actually I prefer it. 

Now that my eyes feel dry and my mind numb. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jen, Am glad to read your blog and learn that Jake is progressing quite well. Hope that he continues to do well. He sure is growing and getting cuter all the time.

Think about and pray for you all often. Keep spreading the news.

Love to all, Susam