Thursday, July 10, 2008

What A Week

Jake had three appointments this week. His early intervention teacher came Tuesday. He had an occupational therapy assessment Wednesday and today was an assessment for physical therapy.
  So how did he do? Well, here we go.
Wait! No. Let me show you something cute first before we get into the medical stuff.



This picture was taken on vacation. The tye-dye shirt is compliments of my mother-in-law.
So back to the results.

1. The E-I teacher says he's behind verbally. No surprise there. I'm OK with that.

2. The OT assessment went pretty good.  He's using his hands decently.. just not as much as he should. The therapist is going to ask TEIS for two sessions a week.

3. The PT assessment also went pretty good. Get this!! He score ABOVE his age in stability! I'm thrilled. Thank You Lord!! He is about two months behind in mobility but I can deal with that. All in all not bad results. 

The funniest thing.. Jake made quiet a first impression yesterday on the ladies at High Hopes. When I walked into today I heard things like "That must be Jacob.. I heard he was cute" and "He's cuter then they said". My favorite was the therapist so charmed by his sweetness that she offered to take him from the lady already working with him.
I told my mom about the lovin' he received and I'm pretty sure she's driving from East Tennessee to bring the ladies brownies and chicken salad sandwiches.

It's been an emotional week trying to take in every tip, suggestion and result. But as I sit here tonight watching my sweet little boy sleep... I feel nothing but blessed.  God is good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you all so much. I am so glad that the Lord sent Jacob to our family. We get so excited when Jake comes to East Tennessee. I can't wait until Jacob can say Aunt Betty and will ask for a treat bag when he leaves.
God Bless all of you!

Our Family said...

Jenny,
All of that sounds great. So glad to hear that he is already charming the ladies. Can't wait to play with him one day at church. Hope to see you guys soon.
Love
Tiff and Nate

Anonymous said...

Jen you should know by now you have to watch them "White Boys"
He is living up to his name!
They are
all such Flirts!!!!
I should know I married one.
So glad all went as well as it did this week for you.
Hope to see the 3 of you soon.
Love you all
Mammy