Sunday, June 15, 2008

First Father's Day

I'm doing one of things I used to do when I wrote for a living. I'll start...get a few words...and even a few sentences written...and just delete it. My minds says nope...that's not it.. you can do better.
 See today I want to get it right. I want everyone to know just how special this first Father's Day is.
It took my man and I a long time to get little Jacob here and you all know what's it been like since his arrival. Today I get to celebrate my man being a daddy. And ya'll he's so good at it. I am truly blessed to have some such a kind man in my life... a man who gave me a little boy who is teaching me about living and how strong my faith really is.   I love you Dave-o!
  OK...enough with the mushy stuff... here comes Sir Royal Cuteness....
After church and lunch out...we took Jake to the pool for the first time today... kinda a test run before our vacation. He did so well.  Just see for yourself...(the video is not from my video camera... but my camera-camera so it's not very good)
  
Gosh... I Love that little boy.
Happy Father's Day to my two Dads.. the one who raised me... and the one who raised my hubby. Thanks for being there. I can hear my Dad responding right now..." I'm just trying to be a blessing." (hee-hee)
So I've got two prayer request this week. 
First, we're meeting with our case worker from Tennessee Early Intervention in the morning. 
We're  setting up a plan for Jake.. ya know like..physical therapy...occupational therapy.
It's new territory for me so just pray that I ask for the right things.
Second... my...blasted... knee!!!  I'm gonna have to go to the doctor because it hurts and it swells. The only experience I've have with knee issues is when Dave went because he had similar issues and came out with surgery scheduled. So of course... I'm fearing the worse.
 Hopefully it's just my mind getting the best of me. 
Live from the White House... I'm signing out!

No comments: