Thursday, April 22, 2010

These Shoes Were Made For Walkin' (inside)

I don't know about you... but I only have few things I baby. You know, those things you would grab in a fire. Those things you really cherish.
For example, my pink blanket. It's grandmother made, heavy, soft and better then cold swiss roll with a glass of milk. (and that is saying alot.) It has seen me through high school, college, marriage and motherhood.
Yes, I am a 30-sumpin who has a blankie .
Well pink blanket....meet the new kid of the block.

My running shoes.

Aren't they pretty? Believe you me when I say running shoes you can think about me running miles and miles and miles. Go ahead. Think it. The truth. Two miles and I'm good. Really.
I've had them for months and I looooove these shoes. For that reason I don't wear them outside. They are not mall shoes, Target shoes or even grocery store shoes. They are gym shoes.
You're wondering why I'm rambling about about my shoes? I'll tell you. Saturday I broke my own rules and wore them. (gulp) OUTSIDE!!

I did it for this gal. The adorable red head there on the left. That's Mel.


She and her sister are pretty much my childhood. Mel was recently diagnosed with MS. That's the bad news. The good news... it's not gonna stop that girl one bit. I love her spunk.
Saturday was the MS walk in Chattanooga so I pulled out the good shoes for the occasion. The problem is... I spent more time trying to convince people I didn't go out t0 buy new shoes for the walk then anything else. I kept saying... these are my inside shoes. (What a dork!)
So let's wrap it up! Two points from the post.

1) I love ya Mel!

2) The inside shoes may need to be slowly introduced to the outside. (maybe?)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!! And I love you guys!!!! Thanks for taking your inside shoes outside just for me!!! :)

mel

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of those four girls and I love those four girls! Seeing that picture brings back many memories of other pictures of those four girls. Thanks for all the memories!!!!!!! (for pete's sake)

mom