Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Ending is Best.

So..... sometimes I log onto this little blog of mine and just start writing. Thoughts flit across my noggin. Some serious. Some worth a chuckle. I have to decide...what's it gonna be?

Today, let's go with a chuckle. (right now my sister just let out a sigh of relief. )

I woke up around 1:30 last night and realized the hubby wasn't in bed anymore. Instead of making the trek downstairs I decided to text him. That's right... text. From one floor to the other. Can't decide if that's lazy or smart. My man keeps his phone on the nightstand so I rolled over to see if he had it with him. As I'm trying to locate his phone I hear him coming up the stairs.
Now, normal people would just let the other come in the room, talk about why they're both awake and go back to sleep. We, are not normal. I decide I'm gonna get him good. (and I did)
I flop quickly to my side of the bed and pretend I'm still asleep. (flop..not an attractive way to describe myself..how about gracefully moved with exact unparalalled accuracy)
ANYWAY... so now I'm lying there playing possum when he comes in the room. The only problem, I'm still holding my phone and it's glowing. Rats.
He walks over to me and takes the phone out my hand and that's when I spring into action. Not only did I screech, I sat straight up. That boy jumped like nothing I've ever seen before.
Now here's the good part. The part I couldn't of planned.

What I didn't know, is that he'd just finish watching Fatal Attraction. I pulled a Glenn Close on him and didn't even know it.

5 comments:

Ashlee said...

That is hilarious! The texting thing...totally something I would have done! haha

Melissa said...

I just laughed my head off...

Anonymous said...

too funny! i'm impressed with your ability to think in the middle of the night!

Anonymous said...

That's good...wish you would have had a camcorder in your hand. I'm still laughing! Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

Good One Jen! And Good One On Master David, "The one who liked to scare his poor father to death around the corner from the bathroom"!!!!!!