Wednesday, September 2, 2009

God's Blessings in a Chicken Nugget

Ok... so I sound crazy.

I know.

I'm pretty sure the 5 clerks and the dozen or so people who saw me in the mall tonight are sure that I am indeed a person who needs constant supervision.

A story so strange/crazy/hilarious, that when I told my personal doctor (my sister) on the way home tonight she sent me straight to the tub for a relaxing bath and then to bed.
She told me to take two scoops of ice cream and call her in the morning.

Let me back up a bit.

I consider myself a strong person. I handled breaking news for years, have heard heart-breaking news about my son, and have only cried maybe five minutes over my baby's upcoming heart surgery. My testimony is Praise God, Choose God... Let God.

So it's kinda unusual that the day had me in tears by 8:30 this morning.. and back in tears tonight. I would tell you everything but the story is just too long.

By the time Dave and I finally met up tonight (part of the long story) I was shaking, tense and crying.

But ah.... God is good.

He blessed me. Brought me to tears for a third time today in the middle of the mall food court. Good, happy... oh my goodness tears.

Why?

My son ate a chicken nugget.

Yep. Tears.

We struggle with feeding. Jake has low muscle tone in his jaws and chewing is not something he does on a regular basis.

But there he sat. Chewing the little bites I gave him.

It was a feeling of relief and of victory.

Victory that Jacob just might get past this issue. I might really get to order him a happy meal one day. But the bigger victory is a knowing that on a very bad, frustrating day... my God made sure it ended on a good note. He answered a prayer and once again let me know... He's got this. All of this. I'm so glad he does.

P.S. I planning on finding some peace in a Snickers tomorrow. Who's with me?







13 comments:

Big D. said...

You can count me in!!! That's what your husband and I plan on doing all this weekend. I believe "snickers" is an Indian word for peace. But seriously, that's super news about my little buddie, Big Jake! He's such an awesome little guy! You guys probably have no idea, but the three of you are such a blessing and inspiration to me. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

I never thought I would see the day that I would be happy about a Chicken McNugget, but God does have a way of teaching us about His grace and love. Relax Jen, He's got your back.

God is good...all the time.
And all the time...God is good.
Love to all of you!
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord and pass the chicken nuggets!!! I sure do love that baby--he makes me smile more every day. Love you all,
Grammy

megan said...

One order chicken nuggets ready for tailgating this weekend for my baby. And one cupcakery pure perfection for you. So get your tails to town.

Anonymous said...

that is awesome! i, too, am crying over that chicken nugget! we do serve an awesome God!!

melody

Our Family said...

Jenny,
that is wonderful! I love the title, b/c i find chicken nuggets disgusting. so glad that someone likes them!! what a special little guy you have to make such an impact on us all!
love tiff

Ashley said...

WONDERFUL!!! This is AWESOME!

Tes said...

Jenny your little guy will continue to bless, inspire and suprise you! Yes one day you will get him a happy meal and he will eat every bit of it. Lila continues to suprise us every day, new words, new expressions etc. things we didn't think she was picking up on, she now masters. Take care and keep your eyes open for all of HIS and Jakes wonderdous actions. Tes

Big Nanny said...

Praying that your baby starts eating lots of happy meals in the near future! And that a happy meal will always remind you of the goodness of God.

Anonymous said...

Jen that is wonderful news!!!
God Bless you ALL !
Mammie

Amy said...

Oh my gosh, you made me cry, my daughter has WS and is 4.5, I remember those days well! I found you through Tes. Avery now eats Happy Meals at least once a week. Awful I know but she can have anything she wants to eat, because for so long she ate so very little. I don't blog much anymore, but FB A LOT. Are you on FB? There is a bog netowrk of WS moms there.

Tara said...

I love this post - I remember those days well too! I will be checking back often on your little family and continue to keep your son in my prayers

Anonymous said...

hey,my husband works at lazy boy also. he did not no much except ur son is sick.i would love to help.i hope u call me-4237754208 or4236374374.i would to talk to u for a minute. my name is teressa gentry wilson & my husband is steve wilson.u can look us up on face-book under- steve & teressa gentry wilson.i hope 2 hear from u soon..praying