Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's Early... on a Saturday.

My alarm went off at 6 a.m. Saturday morning. Although that's wrong on some many levels, I had a good reason.
I took part in my first 5k. The race was a benefit for Best Buddies. It's a group that pairs mentors with the mentally disabled.
With just about anything I do... I bring along my two favorite people. Jake and Megan. Oh yeah, Dave came along too. ( I love ya.. honey)


The event also had a Nashville Predators connection. Head Coach Barry Trotz was a supporter. He paid for any Predators employee who wanted to take part. I think that's pretty cool. I got to meet him and of course did the mom thing and left him holding my baby so I could snap a picture.
By the way... we walked it and then went to Cracker Barrel. YUM!!

2 comments:

Tes said...

you go girl! i am planning to do a walk for Katy Heart Walk for all my WS kiddos. i hope i make it:)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Barry!
Great pic of Jake and Barry (Jake is much better looking)
What a good cause.
Love Mammie