Friday, January 30, 2009

Here's The Latest

So our little family got back in place on Monday.
 I drove straight from East Tennessee to a feeding appointment and Dave landed around 5 in the evening.
  Of course Dad came home with present for Jake.
 Meet Youppi..as you-pee. Youppi is the mascot for Montreal's NHL team.




So the feeding appointment didn't go very well. Of course, I knew it wouldn't because I'd seen what was going on. Jake at 15 months still won't chew. He wants to suck everything from cereal to pieces of cheese. The little booger will almost totally diss anything on a spoon. So no mashed diet and as for  baby food...well you could say he's just over that.
 Bottom line... not eating.
So we are going to see a nutritionist in a couple of weeks. Until his fine motor skills catch up with his age. We supplement...supplement... supplement.
 In the White House we say this alot..."Well, what are you gonna do. I guess we'll just love him."

There's two other things I want you know. The croup is back. Which means steriods are back. Which means a hyped-up baby who fidgets all night is back. Who wants to stay awake through the wee hours? Ummmm... me?

 Second, dum...dum...dum.  It's that time again. Heart appointment time. Monday...9:30. Me, Dave, Jake and the Doc.  Pray. Pray. Pray.

 Here's what wish I could tell my Pharmacist: "Excuse me.  Can I have a sleeping pill that will get me to Tuesday? Yeah...give me that one. The big one. Great! Thanks!"


P.S  Dave didn't win his Emmy. That's Ok. I don't think he really cared.



  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Jen,
Alot going on this week. I want to say "your young you can take it", but I won't. It will get better. Jake WILL get over the croup, and he WILL chew! Just remember this is all new to him. He LOVES his milk because that is the only thing that is familiar, so that is what he wants. This "new" thing like chewing is not what he wants now.
For one thing for sure he WILL eat when he is hungry. He won't starve himself.
I know it's hard for you and David but just wait him out, he will come around.
Try not to worry so much. You all are doing just fine.
We Love You All
Mammie and Daddy White