Tuesday, February 2, 2010

There's Just Something About The Snow!

We have just about thawed out here. The driveway is still a mess and the front steps will probably be covered till June..but I see green in the yard. Can you grow clover in February? How about crabgrass? Because I'm convinced anything BUT grass will grow in our yard.
Speaking of the yard brings me back to the snow. Ahhh! Snow! Now depending on how you read that you may think I'm frustrated by it... but actually... it's more like a deep relaxing breath kinda ahhhhhhh... yes... snow.
There's just something about it. So I made I list. Because that's what I do.

1) There's something about the snow that makes me want to eat chili. (and I did)

2) There's something about the snow that makes me both productive and lazy. For example, I've cleaned out all my closets over the past three days but I've also watched waaaay tooo much TV.

3) There's something about the snow that makes me want ice cream. Dave put the car in four wheel drive Saturday night to get me some glorious Mayfield's cookie and cream.

4) There's something about the snow that makes me quiet. My neighborhood is never as quiet like it is right after a snow. I like it. If it wasn't so cold I would probably just sit outside and listen to nothing. Beside's look how beautiful it is.

5) And finally, there's something about the snow that makes my boy squint!




3 comments:

Alicia (dna) said...

What a cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart he is...and i enjoyed your list!!! You and Megan always did like a snowy day...some things never change. There is a peacefulness to freshly fallen snow. I like the snow too...and not just for the snow days from school. Love you all!

Mom

Anonymous said...

Snowwwwwwww, Snowwwwwwww,Snowwwwwww,Snowwwwww, Snowwwwwwwwwwwww!