Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I'm an Olympian.

I braved the high altitudes. The sub-freezing temps. The mass crowds to go to this beautiful place.

I got up before the sun on a saturday. A child still sleeping...a hot breakfest left behind so I could do this.


I mentally gold-medal'd in snow tubing. My sister and I acted like we were eight again for about two hours. Yep... we even wore matching outfits. So-like-totally-like-cool.
We didn't plan the matching outfits... it's kinda a twin thing we have going on...except we're not twins.
Oh yeah... this guy was there too.

Yep. He called this ridn' blind. Pull the old hat down and go. Do we live on the edge or what?
(I still don't know why he just didn't close his eyes.)
Jake stayed in the warm, cozy care of his grandparents while we played in 20 degree heat.
I'm always wanting to try something new and this was new.

Here are a few things I learned while snow tubing:

1) Your booty will get wet. If you have ski pants wear them. ( I did not)

2) Be prepared for hyper and competitive youth group leaders. (the tickets are first come,
first serve and boy do they want their tickets)

3) Be prepare to possibily die. ( yep...you have to sign that you are ok with that)

4) And last but not least.... the ride up is almost as fun as the ride down.

2 comments:

Tes said...

good for you! what awesome fun!

Anonymous said...

Your Daddy White did ask "Didn't your a_ _ get COLD? You answered that question.
Glad you all had fun.