Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Post-Christmas Post

I'm hooooommmmeee! Yip-ee! Right now there are bags in every room of my house staring at me.

That one in kitchen says, "I'm melting!! Come put me up."

The ones in the playroom are daring me to just try and find a place to put the new toys.

The bags in my room are laughing because after a week at home those clothes just won't fit for a while.

And then there's the Christmas tree. So pretty. So peaceful. So a pain to pack up.

For now I will ignore them all and show you what a great Christmas we had.

First, I am not a picture-taker. I am also not a photographer, a video journalist... I can't even sketch. Take the pictures for what they offer and imagine it ten times better.

Christmas Eve was spent up on the mountain with Dave's family. I'm ashamed to say...guess what? Not one picture.

Jake played with his cousins. Walked the house a hundred times over. Racked up on good stuff and came home exhausted.

Christmas morning... guess what? I didn't take any pictures. WHAT???!!!!

Calm down, my family did and I have those pictures.

Look... here's Jake ripping into one of his many presents.


This next one makes me laugh out loud. The look on his face is hilarious.
He can be a very serious little boy when he's "working". He was working hard trying to get this one unwrapped.



And here's Jake riding on one of his many presents.
He's just adorable.


Next on the to-do list. Steering. He's hit walls, chairs and even my sister's dog. But it doesn't stop my boy. He just keeps hitting that button....banging into the same wall or chair or dog over and over again until someone comes and rescues him.
Yep, my boy needs driver's ed the toddler's edition.

So here I sit... among the bags and by the glow of the tree. Happy that all that work is over. Sad, that all the work and laughter and family time and birthday celebrating is over.
It's on to resolution time.

Resolution numero uno. I, Jenny White, will try to improve my unpacking skills. Becoming more efficient and speedy at returning my house to a normal state after a trip.

The good news. Resolutions don't start till Friday. Guess I'll ignore those bags for another 24 hours.

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Number one, note the date on my comment.
Our Christmas stuff is in boxes at the bottom of the stairs still!
Life is too short to worry about the small stuff!
Mammie