Thursday, December 10, 2009

Let Me Introduce Myself.

Hi! My name is Jenny. I have a blog that I have ignore for a little while now.

Sorry. I was trying to think of excuses. Like my dog ate my computer. But I don't have a dog so that's not possible.

Or whatta about... I ran over my computer with my car. ( Nope... that was my cell phone)

So we'll go with the lame-oh excuse of it's cold and I get lazy when it gets cold.

We have been chugging along as usual. Jake is back in all his therapies. That's seven to eight appointments a week.

He just went through a 6 month review with the state program we are in. He is graded in five areas. His highest score was in cognition. He actually scored age appropriate. That means he is doing great. We always pray for cognition to be the highest because it's something you can't teach. Either ya got it or ya don't and Jake has got it!!

His lowest score was in communication. No surprise there. We have changed speech therapist and I AM IN LOVE WITH THE NEW ONE. Not only is she creative and organized, come to findout... she goes to my church. It means a lot when you know the people who work with your son have faith in THE SON.

I want to tell everyone thank you again and again. Your support during Jake's surgery still amazes me. I want to share the results of your gifts. Because you all went over and beyond, Jake's medical bills are PAID IN FULL!! Dave and I added it up and the total surgery experience ran NINETY THOUSAND DOLLARS. Of course because of our great insurance we paid only a fraction of that. We are so blessed to say that Jake's surgery is completely behind us.


OK...how about a picture? We put up our Christmas tree and Jake did this..



and this...


We lost three ornaments in the process... and Mickey is now crippled but he's "hanging" in there.
Mickey is hanging right next to this guy.


One little ornament. So many blessings.

Putting up decorations with a toddler is... well it's challenging.
Now I just have to get shopping. Maybe I'll go this week. Maybe not.

P.S. Uncle Bryan I got your message.




4 comments:

tim said...

that is awesome! so many blessings in that post...i smiled seeing Jake laying on the floor under the tree...I used to love doing that!!! For some reason now, I hate being under the tree...it could be because of my belly being so big though...not quite as much room... hmmmmm

Anonymous said...

What greater gift could a parent find under the Christmas tree than that precious little boy. You are blessed......he is beautiful. God bless and love him.

Merry Christmas to you all from all of us Johnson cousins in Ohio. We love ya.

Susan

Anonymous said...

I don't know what to say...
I am so grateful for all of the miracles that God has shown us through Jake. May He continue to bless this wonderful child, and his fantastic parents.

Merry Christmas!

Love,
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

I KNOW that is the most awesome child ever...of course I am his grandmother. He is precious and priceless. What a wonder!!!!!!!!!