Sunday, May 10, 2009

I just have to share.

Look at this adorable picture of Jacob.
We stopped by Crockett Park on the way home yesterday. Jake had been in either his car seat or stroller for the most the day so he needed some time to PLAY!!!.
He is walking so much better now. I just laugh at this next picture..because I think it's how we're gonna spend years to come... saying "come on Jake." That boy is curious!

So Saturday was a spontaneous day...which I love. Dave's buddy called and said come fishing/canoeing. Dave said "not without my family"! Actually it's more like ..."Is it OK that they come?"
Off we went to..... Gallatin. Yes I ended up in Gallatin yesterday. Never been there.
But I'd never fished with a fly rod either...and just looky-looky what I did.

Then while the boys headed off in a canoe,

Jake and I took a nap in the car. No way was I about to get my baby out on the water. Not in a canoe. A boat...oh yeah! A canoe...not yet.
From Gallatin we ended up in East Nashville. Dinner with a guy who got me to eat this. I don't mind some sushi... but this??

So Saturday was a fishy kind of day. Today... is my kind of day. Mother's day.
No pictures of the fam for now. We rushed to get to church and Jake's been asleep since we got home. Nice!! I got to watch a movie and eat hot tamales. But now I'm ready for him to get up.
Happy Mother's day to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, Sorry I'm a little late in saying so,but that was GREAT!
I had the same kind of Mother's Day, got to talk to the Boys and just laid around. What more could I ask for.
Mammie
P.S. Yesterday was wonderful!

Anonymous said...

These are nice pictures of a family spending family time together. Children are little for a short time and now is the perfect time to shower as much attention on that little guy of yours as possible. He certainly is blessed to have the loving parents he has.

Jen, I see on the Urban site that you are celebrating a big day on the 18th. We wish you the very best and hope you enjoy your day doing fun things and relaxing.

Hope we can meet you all at the reunion in September.

Happy, happy birthday~~~~~~

Love from all of us, Susan and family