Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Drum Roll Please....

The latest results are in from Jacob's heart....and..... it.... loooks.... the same!!!

Yeah!!

You know driving to the doctor this morning... I really didn't know what I hoped to hear. Surgery or more time. I just kept saying let it be what the Lord needs it to be.

But I'm sooo glad we have more time. Since everything is hanging out in fair-to-middlin-land we still have to go back in a month. June 5th is our next appointment.

For now we'll play the waiting game.

It's been a good day. I packed a pinic lunch for us so we could have family time after the appointment. We drove over to Centennial Park and everything was going fine until Dave went to the restroom.

He came back weirded out. Swearing some guy tried to pick him up. Even now...writing that makes me laugh out loud. I know crazy things happen at metro parks...but Dave?

It's just one of things where you just have to know him to really see how funny that is.
Oh my friends I could tell you stories. Interesting things happen to this guy. But I won't tell you because I like being married to him.

Thanks everyone for your prayers. I'm gonna go celebrate our good news by eating a little cookie dough. God bless the Pilsbury Dough boy. He makes chubby look good.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny, Been waiting all day for this report about Jake. Thank the Lord, things remain the same for now. We have been really praying hard. I hope you and Dave and all those whom have been worrying can relax for a little while. You say you left it in God's hands and I can see He is taking care of the situation in his own way.

Had to laugh what you say about Dave and his episode in the restroom. That may be the price one pays for being blessed with such good looks. QUESTION IS; DID THE OTHER GUY BLEED A WHOLE LOT when DAVE PUNCHED HIM?????????

Our love to you all,

Susan and family

Anonymous said...

You know all, I called the kids the other night just to give them support, well I talked to David and he ended up supporting me! I was the one crying, he was the one telling me "it's alright Mom"
I just want you all to know these two are the most unselfish peoeple I know. These two kids are the ones going through all of this turmoil day in and day out, yet they can still lift me up! I had good intentions when I called. I wanted to give support, give encouragement to our son and his wife. Instead they were helping me .
I love these two so much!
Keep them in your prayers.
Thier Mammie