Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wilderness Adventure.

   I'm writing today while Jake naps and Dave watches Bear Grylls.
He's the discovery channel man who takes on the wilderness every week.
 I've seen him use a plant to sew, a deer leg as a cane and eat more brains and raw meat then I care to mention.
   Right now, he's eating a dead Zebra.  The only thing that's black and white striped that I want to eat is Oreos .
  No wonder he is so skinny. I bet he keeps the runs.
As crazy as Bear is... he has me thinking. (by the way..right now he's using elephant dung as kindling..which he says lighting it is not always that easy. Really? I didn't know it was hard to set poop on fire.)
  Could I survive the wilderness? Even better...could Dave and I survive it together?  
  Say we were lost on the Appalachian trail.
  I would be on the lookout for bears and snakes. Dave would be on the lookout for water and fish.
 I would want to take inventory of what we've got.  Dave would calmly look at me and say.. "We're alright Jen."
 I would  schedule when we hike, when we rest and when we stop for the night. Dave...he'd stop when he's tired. 
There is one thing we would do the same. Lean on each other. We've been through scary situations before. 
 Thinking back, the thing I remember most about them is Dave. Holding my hand.  Kneeling and praying with me through tears.
So... I guess I really don't need a wilderness adventure after all. This life is already wild enough.
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

God bless you both--oh yeah, He already has. Love you!