Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Little Laugh

 
It's been a crazy week around here. 
Jake had three appointments Tuesday. He went for his one year check-up, went to therapy and then to Vanderbilt for a feeding appointment.
Everything went well. He weighed in at a whopping 26 pounds and is 31 and a half inches tall.
He's getting better with learning to chew but it's just gonna take time.
So after running around for eight hours we got home exhausted... and then it all went down hill.
 Jake had a horrible night...woke up crying 5 times...had a hard time sleeping and woke up this morning with snot running down his face. He's sick. Running a fever and just grouchy.
I know it's probably the shots...but it's just no fun for him. He got approved for that RSV shot and I think that's the one that made him sick.
So with all this going on... God knew I need a little laugh today.
 Here's how HE did it:

 This morning the doorbell rings. I roll my eyes because it caused my dog to go crazy and I was in no shape to answer the door. I go anyway thinking it's my friend that didn't my message not to drop by. Instead, it's a neighborhood lady who informs me I've won yard of the month for my neighborhood. ME!!! YARD OF THE MONTH!!
Just picture it- me standing there with my curly hair still in it's morning glory, Jake with breakfast on his shirt and snot running down his nose accepting the award.

Now ya'll this is funny. We just mowed our yard after about two weeks of nothin'.  Just four or so months ago we got in trouble for our grass being too high. (It was right after Jake's diagnosis and we just shut down for a while)
 So here's my acceptance speech. 
"Thank you weeds for staying under control this weekend. Thank you Dad for mowing my yard Saturday while I ran from Madison to Murfreesboro to Nashville...and buying my$25 mulch and my 79 cent pansies that were on clearance at Lowe's.
You made this all possible. You are the wind beneath my wings."
 
Dad and I laughed till there were tears in our eyes when I called him today.
So you see this thought of me...the yard of the month winner has made me laugh even while my child sniffles and my dog barks. 
You know if God can allow me to win Yard of the Month... He truly can do anything.

(sorry no pictures of my awesome yard today)


4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh man! I am so honored to be friends with someone who won such a prestigious award! I gotta come see your yard!

Don't you love our Jesus!

O:)
Melissa

Anonymous said...

Yard of The Month! And you weren't dressed to accept the award!?

Anonymous said...

"Yard Of The Month"
And we know you personally.
I can just see you and Jack getting a kick out of this!
WTG White House!

Our Family said...

that is great!!! Please post pics of the award winning yard, it gives us all something to strive for!
Tiff