Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

I feel like Jake and I have been gone for a month. Although it was only a week...we crammed a lot in it.
For some reason I didn't take a lot of pictures. So I'll show ya what I can.
It started last weekend in Knoxville. We visited my sis and went to the last UT home game.
Jake loved the band. (He's such a smart boy)

It was kinda cold so he went to go play with his cousins while I went to the game.

Skipping ahead a couple of days....Jake and I spent the entire Thanksgiving week at my parents house. We saw family, visited the teachers at mom's school and I tried not to over eat. (tried being the important word)

This past Friday we went back to Knoxville and got in the Christmas spirit. We started the weekend off at Knoxville's Fantasy of Trees. It's a huge room just full of decorated trees, music, and kiddy crafts. Oh... they also have some inside rides. Jake took a spin on the carousel. He was so focused that I couldn't even get him to smile.


Finally at the end of the night, with help from poppy, he flashed that famous grin.

Then on Saturday we headed to Pigeon Forge to make good on that Dollywood season pass I got back in the summer. This fall was way busier then I thought so I didn't get to use my pass much.
Once again.. not many pictures. Just know it was cold. That's why Jake traveled like this after the sun went down. We lost his cute hat so he had to wear this girly hat.
The lights were fun. If you've never been at Christmas give it a try. We would get so tickled at Dave trying to make it through the dollywood shows. Dave always has a "fun" comment at the most inappropriate time. I will just leave it at that.
So now it's Monday and I'm tired. Still not unpacked and ignoring my bags. Today is about baggy clothes and regrouping. We do have a heart doctor's appointment in a couple of hours.
Praying for a good report.



I



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice week!
We so enjoyed our day with you all. Loved my swinging time with Jake. Good food, well maybe too much food!
Loved following Jake around (never know what that boy will discover next).
Love ya
Mammie