Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Hard Day.

Riley passed away this morning.

He was my first baby.


Dave and I got Riley about four months after we got married. I named him weeks before I even got him. I would drive Dave nuts because I wanted a dog so bad that I would pretend call Riley's name in our apartment. I would sit on the bed and say "Riley...come here Riley!" I'd then look at Dave and say..."Oh yeah, we don't have a dog."
Needless to say I eventually got my way.

We had him from 7 weeks old til a month shy of his ninth birthday.


He died very unexpectedly and I miss him terribly.
We knew he was slowing down and we had just had bloodwork done Friday.

I will not write a long post about my puppy because there's just too much.

Just know he barked too much, and like all dogs... loved unconditionally.




8 comments:

KellyRose said...

Sniff sniff. I am so sorry about Riley and that you had such a hard day.Michael just said the he would have to take bereavement when something happens to our chloegirl. It is never easy.I love the picture of you all together. We missed you all tonight. Everyone was looking for you. I hope your week gets better.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jenny I'm so sorry :( We'll be thinking about you guys.

Kevin S.

megan said...

Riley, you were greatly loved and will be greatly missed. It's because I fell for you that Sam is now in the family. It won't be the same without you. Love you guys.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear pet, Riley. Memories last forever and he will always be close to your heart. My darling little gal, Sally Jean, just turned 11 years old and I know that her and I do not have a whole lot of time left together, so we continue to make her "ice cream" time special every evening. If I forget the time, she stands up to my knee and paws me until I go get the ice cream. Those are the kind of memories we cherish when our pets have left us.

Thinking of you all.

Love, Susan

Tes said...

Hi Jenny sorry for the loss of your 1st baby, we had a belgian shepard that left us toooo soon. I found your site from a WS mom's blog. My Lila is 6 with WS and we are in Texas.
Take care, Tes

Ashley said...

I am sorry! We lost Macie a year ago and the boys still ask if she can come back from heaven.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Jenny! I know how much he meant to you guys.

mel

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Well I said it all the other night on the phone, I'll type it now. Riley was a GOOD dog. Yes he had his quirks but we all loved him just the same.
We know what you are going through, we have been there. There was Killer then Rex and Susie.
Some people just don't understand how close you can become with your pets!
I'm happy Riley has a dood place to rest.
Love You ALL
Mammie