Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Jacob And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

Here's that Christmas tree picture I promised.  Yeah, I know you can't see the tree but that's what makes it funny.

  I feel like I moving in slow motion back to normal. 

 We've been down folks.

 Way down.

Last week Jake had eight appointments in four days. EIGHT!!!

To top it off he got a double ear infection. Our first and if  I get to choose our last.

I will not bore you with all the appointment talk. Just know that everything is going well and what he's suppose to do ...he can... just won't. Jake does things when Jake wants. (Like most kids I assume)

The biggest highlight from last week. He got his tongue clipped.  I don't recommend it but my little boy is still not chewing at 13 months so hopefully this will help.
We found an oral surgeon who had a tiny little laser. 
Ever wonder how you hold a one year old still for a laser?
The answer: with tears and force. 

That was Thursday... my parents came over since Dave was busy producing the game that night.
Thursday night I traveled three hours back to my hometown..
Little did  I know it would be a weekend from THE SWAMP. ( my version of ..well you know..h-e-double hockey sticks) 

Jake slept little the next three days....cried a lot... and ran a fever. Dave was away with the team and my dog and his little friend barked constantly.

So you see I happy to say...Normal is nice and slowly coming back.

I do have one last request. As you pray for Jake's heart....also pray for my Ganny's.
She is having heart surgery in the morning.  I love her. Lots.




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thinking of you!
XO,
Jen

Jen said...

Oops - somehow I was signed in under my husband's account when I made that last comment! Weird!

Anonymous said...

He is still the cutest thing I have ever seen--and I am completely prejudiced since I'm his Grammie!!!!!So glad he is feeling better--it surely was hard seeing him not feeling well. Thank God for doctor's, medicine, and a mother's love. Jake is blessed with all three. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ganny's famous. She made your blog. Love it.

Anonymous said...

Jen, Daddy White and I thought of you guys all week. We are so glad Jake is back to his "dog water bowl" !
You must tell everyone how Jake likes to call people!
Love you ALL!
Mammy

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen, Just wondering how your ganny made out with her heart surgery. So far there has been nothing posted on your blog. I sure hope all went well and that she is up and about doing what makes her happy.

Will look for the update.

Susan