Sunday, July 11, 2010

Here, There and Everywhere-First Leg

It's been a very busy July. I counted it up and since July 2nd we've covered about 12-hundred miles. We went in just about every direction and I packed and unpacked and packed again.

Soooo anywho..... since I'm your personal tour guide for this little story... I invite you to buckle up, grab a snack and by all means... keep your hands to yourself.

First, I want everybody to wave HI to my family. I've been part of this group officially for 10 years and I am very lucky girl.





So the first leg of our journey took us home... that would be three hours east. We spent the fourth with family. Lots of family. Reunion family and lots of fun.
I could tell you about the fishing, the fish fry, the raffle in which I WON a very cool handmade quilt or the egg toss which ended like this.




Instead I'll to tell you how this family reunion set an unofficial world record. I took part in the world's longest hayride. You wanna guess how long my family set on hay? Not 1. Not 2. Not 3... BUT FOUR HOURS!!!
Thankfully, we were in the mountains and covered by shade most the time. Thankfully, I had snacks in my bag. Thankfully, Jake fell asleep. Thankfully, I am not still on that wagon. (can I get an Amen?)
On this leg of our tour I learned a new lesson. Getting cousins together and trying to get their picture in matching t-shirts is not easy.
Take 1:

Take 2:


Take 3....ahh forget it!



I'm ending our tour today at one of Jake's favorite stops. The pool.
Soak up his cuteness and get ready for out next stop. We're heading west!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did have fun didn't we?
Mammie