Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Greater Things

Whew! I need a little "Come to Jesus" moment. How about you? I'm telling ya'll this life thing is hard!

Nothing in particular is up... just a lot going down. I'll share a little something with you. My to-do list left me in the floor today. Literally sitting in the kitchen floor...just sitting. I didn't know which way to turn next, what to tackle, who to email or why it was all taking so long to get done.

So I sat.

Ever been there?

I have a bad habit of when overwhelming moments hit...the whole cookie crumbles. I mean I start sinking my own ship. I find everything wrong with me life matey and meditate on it.

But today when the S.S. Jenny Ann started taking water, the Lifeboat appeared. That's right I heard some sweet words down in my soul. They were words reminding me that I was not alone.

Let me make this clear. I was NOT all smiles by the time the hubby got home. But because I try every day to set my compass on Christ, even in that kitchen-floor-moment I knew I could trust Him with all that was happening around me. Trust is a big thing in this house.

I want to leave you with a picture and a question that I read this morning. It's had my mind all day.

First the picture.

Now the question:

What would we do if God never called us to greater things, things more His size?



2 comments:

KellyRose said...

I love love love your posts,
I love love love having the Jakester in class, and
I love love love your faith! I wish I had it as much as you!
And yes, I have been there.

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
Life is hard.Amen to that! I totally get what you are saying.
Keep the faith,girl. Turn your eyes upon Jesus. We love you all!

Suzanne