Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Just Chillin'

  Jake may look like me...but he's got his daddy's laid back attitude.
Here's where I found him tonight.

     Just hanging out at the bottom on the stairs. Sippy cup within reach... and cell phone in hand.   The fact that he was using the bottom step as a pillow and a towel for his feet cracked me up.
 So here's the thing... this little moment made me stop and think.  It's been a very hard week of doctor's appointments and therapy. Some of the appointments have left me frustrated and annoyed because there's no sure answer to my questions. But with all that is circling in my head, Jake reminded to just chill...choose joy...and let God work out his plan. 
And that's the kind of things you get, when you spend a moment with Jake.


8 comments:

KellyRose said...

LOVE HIM! We should get him and Lila together to play sometime.

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely the cutest thing I've seen in a while...he simply makes my heart smile. I keep telling you he has a "look" like his daddy once in a while. Hang in there sweetie, God is in control ...we just have to remain faithful to His will..it just isn't always easy. Love you guys...LOTS!!!

Melissa said...

I just love it when God uses our kids to teach us lessons! We should get together sometime!

O:)
Melissa

Aunt Mary said...

He is such a doll! It looks like God has everything under control, according to Jake. Give him my love, and give yourselves a big hug and kiss from me.

Aunt Mary

Aunt Mary said...

Also, Happy Birthday David!!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

You got it girl. God is so good. We really don't have to worry. I love that little man so. My baby is the best. Now I have to wipe my eyes and get to work.

Anonymous said...

"Our Little Curly Q"
God love him and you two!
Mammie

Anonymous said...

That is just too cute. Kids do the funniest things. They are the best at making you laugh and cry at the same time. He is so precious. We have to make time to get together with the boys soon.
Amanda C.